Minato Namikaze is increasingly becoming one of my favourite characters. Here are 6 reasons why Konoha’s Yellow Flash is so powerful and intriguing:
- His flair in coming up with spectacular Jutsu names. I mean, Scorch Release: Halo Hurricane Jet Black Arrow Style Zero. Flying Thunder God Mutually Instantaneous Revolving Technique. If he had actually completed Rasenshuriken, I really wonder what incredible (questionable) name he would’ve came up with. We kid, we kid. Minato has a beautiful mind.
- His intelligence. As Jiraiya mentioned, ‘He’s not the type to do things without reason”, to why Minato only sealed the nine-tails chakra and saved the other half for Naruto. Minato was perceptive and had keen foresight in his decisions. He was well aware that harnessing the Kyuubi’s chakra is a sure way to protect the village in the face of threatening powers. Additionally, Minato also demonstrated an astute mind by establishing a network of marked locations around the parameters of the village for teleportation during his tenure as Hokage.
- His aptitude in sealing techniques. Minato learnt the sealing technique Dead Demon Consuming Seal from Kushina Uzumaki’s mother. It is one of the strongest fūinjutsu of the Uzumaki Clan. Having used the seal and calling upon the power of the Shinigami, he died at a young age of 24. Minato used Eight Trigrams Sealing to seal the Yang part of the Kyuubi into Naruto, deliberately designing it to confer power to Naruto overtime while also infusing his chakra as a safeguard. He opted to use the Dead Demon Consuming Seal on himself, which at that point in time, was thought to be infallible. This is most probably because Minato was dying and he did not want the more dangerous Yin half to fall into the hands of enemies, should it return to the shinobi world after his death.
- His immense speed. Of course, Minato is known as the fastest shinobi ever lived. Minato is able to use the Flying Thunder God Technique, Flying Thunder God – Second Step, the Body Flicker and its variations. Combined by his remarkably fast reflexes and speed, he is able to display profound battle prowess and perform exceedingly well in his fight with A and Obito Uchiha. He was also able to avoid techniques such as Kakashi’s Kamui, A’s Lightning Straight and Might Gai’s Evening Elephant.
- His epic love story with Kushina. Fun fact: Did you know that his favourite food was Kushina’s homemade cooking? How sweet is that! MinaKushi is one of the most prominent couple in the Naruto series, and we all know why. Kushina’s has a fiery and endearing side, which perfectly complements Minato’s collected and gentle personality. They have been together for about 12 years since Minato rescued her from Kumogakure shinobi. They share an inspiring love, in which all we otakus can only marvel at it.
- Being the best player to use in Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. For a noob like me, using Minato is highly recommended. It’s called Flying Raijin Jiku Shippu Senko Rennodan Zeroshiki!
That's it! Our six reasons why Minato is the best Hokage. Of course, 7th Hokage Naruto is a very close contender, especially when he is in one of his epic shrouded forms, like Kurama Mode!